Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful.
The cold, weather running season has arrived. It’s easy to make excuses this time of year whether due to holiday parties or bad weather. This gift guide features 14 perfect gifts for any runner on your list or even yourself. These are items that I love and use on an almost daily basis!
When I put this list together, I did my best to include items across all price points whether you need a secret Santa item for someone in your running club or you’re looking to spend more on your favorite person. Hint, hint family & friends, I would love 2, 4, 6 and 10!
1. GRID Mini Foam Roller – This little guy is the perfect foam roller for everyone. It’s cheaper than others, is small enough to bring on trips but still gets all the knots. Everyone, regardless their fitness or running level, can benefit from foam rolling!
2. C9 by Champion Women’s Leggings – My yoga instructor was wearing these bright, gorgeous turquoise leggings last week and I almost fell over when she told me they were a Target purchase during her last trip stateside.
3. Lululemon Run with Me Earwarmer (Final Sale) – I’ve used this earwarmer for 4 winter running seasons. While they’ve updated the style a bit it is a winter running essential. It holds hair back like a headband while keeping ears toasty!
4. SheaMoisture Lavender & Wild Orchid Dead Sea Salt – Oh how I miss warm, soaking baths with wonderful lavender sea salt. Back when I had a tub this was a regular in our household. For under $10 this is perfect for anyone who needs to rest and relax their tired muscles.
5. YurBuds Inspire Sport Earphones – These days I can’t run with anything except YurBuds. I never have to adjust my headphones or worry about them falling out.
6. Run Now Wine Later Tank Top – As soon as I saw this tank, I ordered it for three women on my Christmas list. It’s fun, light weight and the burnout style is super cute.
7. Enso Travel Roller – More intense than the grid foam roller, this little guy is crazy effective and is able to adjust based on your desired intensity level. The travel version is small enough to throw in your gym bag or suitcase and under $50!
8. Petzl Headlamp – Want your favorite runner to stay safe when they’re running before and after work? This lightweight headlamp will help ensure that cars and other runners see them. I’ve had a Petzl headlamp for years and typically wear it on a baseball hat for my early morning or late night runs. The hat helps keep it in place as well as keep my head warm!
9. GU Energy Gels – GU has stepped up the game these days with terrific new flavors such as salted caramel and macchiato. If the runner in your life swears by GU as their fuel of choice, surprise them with either their favorite flavor or a new one. These are especially great if they are training for a half marathon or marathon.
10. LED Wearable Lights – These are a cheaper and more flexible alternative to the Petzl headlamp. These can be attached to pants, tops, or even a Camelbak. They use regular batteries so replacing them is no stress. The bright colors make them a fun addition to any runner’s outfit while also keeping them safe!
11. Wunder Under Crop – I’ve sworn by these crops for 5 years. However, until last month, I’d only worn black. Now that I’ve moved into the colored crop territory I can’t remember what took me so long. The bright cranberry color is perfect for the holidays and brightens my mood as soon as I pull them out of my gym bag!
12. ProCompression Leggings – I wore these leggings for Saturday’s 10k race and fell in love with them. The pockets held my phone and keys, the moisture wicking fabric kept me dry, while the wide waistband never budged. Made by ProCompression, these are awesome and have more benefits than your average crop!
13. Mizuno Breath Thermo Windshell Glove – If there is one item that every runner needs in order to survive the winter, it’s a great pair of gloves. These gloves feature a special windshell material that blocks out the wind and keeps your body heat inside!
14. Under Armour Fly-By Turtleneck – My first winter running top was an Under Amrour turtleneck back in the days when I was braving Philadelphia winters. My six year old turtleneck was just replaced by this one and I LOVE the new style. The fun colors, thumb holes, soft inside and an extra high neck can protect your favorite runner from the elements in style!
Which of these do you want this holiday season?