This is a sponsored post written and developed in partnership with Fresh Direct and Health Warrior, two brands I love and use often.
When my friends at Fresh Direct asked me to partner with them for marathon week recipes, I knew exactly the recipe I wanted to perfect and share. This Fall I’ve been sipping pumpkin smoothies on a weekly basis, but this recipe is a bit different than normal as it doesn’t use protein powder. This smoothie is full of flavor and nutrients, perfect to enjoy for breakfast or as the perfect post-workout recovery meal. The pumpkin is rich in fiber while the Chia seeds and yogurt provide protein to help your muscles recover. The wheat germ gives the smoothie a nutty flavor that perfectly balances the warm pumpkin spice and hint of vanilla. If you want your smoothie to taste more like pumpkin pie than pumpkin ice cream, you can increase the amount of pumpkin pie spice.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup Califia Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 container plain Siggie’s Skyr Icelandic Yogurt (5.3 oz)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon Health Warrior Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 1 -1 ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spice depending your taste
- Handful ice cubes
- Optional: Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Fig granola and pecans.
Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth, pausing once to scrape the edges. Pour into a glass to enjoy and top with option ingredients.
Missing a few of the items for this smoothie? If you live in NYC, you can easily order these ingredients from the FoodKick App for same day delivery in select NYC areas or you can find them on FreshDirect.com for next day delivery.