Thumbs up friends, we made it to Friday! I hope you’ve had a good week and are ready for a wonderful weekend. This week was packed with holiday parties, dinners and work meetings so I’m very ready for the weekend. Tonight we are cooking dinner in, catching up on our favorite TV shows and I am going to bake cookies for Theodora’s Annual Cookie Swap. What do you guys have planned for the weekend?
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week. It’s been far too long since I shared some of my favorite things with you guys, so this week is a GOOD one!
- Don’t these chewy, gingerbread cookies look delicious and perfect for the holiday season?
- I bought this hair turban as part of the Sephora VIB sale and have since fallen in love with it so much that I ordered it as a Christmas gift for a few of my girlfriends! It absorbs so much of the water from my hair while I apply moisturizer and lotion, that it seems to have cut my drying time in half!
- Since switching to a more natural skincare routine, I’ve had a hard time finding a cleanser that removes my liquid liner and mascara without leaving my face feeling tight and super dry. Recently I’ve fallen in love with One Love Organics Vitamin B Cleansing Oil as well as Beauty Counter’s Nourishing Cream Cleanser.
- We have two of these mini Fir & Firewood Capri candles burning in our house most evenings. Not only do I love the scent, but also how gorgeous and seasonal the candle is. At only $12 these make a great gift or stocking stuffer!
- My mom and dad gave me these cashmere-lined leather gloves for my birthday and I’m already head-over-heels in love! The bright red color gives my typical all black winter wardrobe a fun pop of color, while the cashmere lining keeps my fingers nice and warm. These are currently 40% off, FYI!
- Since getting pregnant, I’ve been drinking at least two La Croix a day! My favorite flavors are peach pear, grapefruit and cherry lime. If you want it delivered, I find that Jet,com has the cheapest price, ranging from $4.99-$5.99.
- My friends at Brooks sent me two great winter running pieces to help make December runs more enjoyable – the Threshold Running Tights and The LSD Thermal Jacket. The tights kept me super warm during the windy run and I loved that my phone could fit snugly in the pocket! The wide waistband helped the tights stay in place comfortably, even on my growing bump. Thanks to poly-fil, merino blend arms and wind proof nylon on front and back the jacket kept me far toastier than expected, especially considering its lightweight nature.
- Whether shopping online or in stores, these quick tips can help make the experience more enjoyable.
- Last but not least, thank you to all my friends, family and readers who have been leaving comments, emails, tweets and Facebook notes with tips and tricks to help me make it through pregnancy. I am so thankful for the love and support. I will be recapping these tips in a post next week, but until then, if you’re in your first trimester and in need of support, look through this great first trimester post from my friend Julie!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!