Happy Tuesday! I’m working my way through my work to do list today as I only have a few more hours before I put up my out of office message for two weeks! I am so ready for two weeks of rest and relaxation. We are spending half the time down in Savannah before heading back up to New York City to enjoy a staycation.
In terms of workouts, last week I initially filled my schedule with way too many workouts due to my new-found energy. I was excited to feel human again and was craving workouts. But, luckily my work schedule included three nights of dinners and client meetings which naturally caused me to change my workout schedule. A blessing in disguise, this helped ensure that I didn’t overdo it last week. My goal is to balance my workouts as I know that I can easily get too excited and pack my schedule with multiple workouts especially after missing those sweaty endorphins during the first trimester.
- Monday December 12th – I started the week with the 6:15 morning
class at my neighborhood Pilates studio, A-Line Pilates. These tower classes are helping me engage my core and begin training the muscles that will be key during labor and delivery. Since the studio is only a five minute walk from my house, I have no excuses!
- Tuesday December 13th – My friend Elizabeth, who is three weeks ahead of me in pregnancy, suggested a pre-work jog. Even though it was frigid outside, we had a blast catching up while we walked and jogged around the neighborhood.
- Wednesday December 14th – Rest Day
- Thursday December 15th – Rest Day
- Friday December 16th – I ended the work week with another great 6:15 morning Tower Pilates class at A-Line Pilates.
- Saturday December 17th – As part of a blogger partnership, I had the opportunity to visit the Brooklyn Heights Orange Theory location with Bo. We took the 11:30-12:30 signature Orange 60 class, led by instructor Corey Harbison. I will share more thoughts in an upcoming post but needless to say Bo and I both thoroughly enjoyed class. It left me sore for two days as I haven’t done much strength training over the past few weeks nor hill intervals but thanks to the heart rate monitor and great instructor, I felt safe the entire time.
- Sunday December 18th – Before church, Bo and I spent an hour working out at the YMCA. While he swam I did a 45 minute spin class followed by 15 minutes of foam rolling and core work.