Anyone else ready to head into the weekend immediately, if not sooner? This week was a really tough week emotionally and mentally. As you may have seen in the news, a retailer who I worked closely with is going through some major changes which impact both myself and my team. In addition, both Bo and I had multiple evening commitments this week which forced both of us to eat out more than we’d like and get home later than normal. I’m looking forward to a weekend here in Brooklyn. Our schedule includes some time with friends, lots of work in the nursery and a few quality workouts.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Similar to Julia, I’m craving smoothies these days and her three acai smoothie recipes are great updates to the basic smoothie I’ve been making. I had no clue that you could get unsweetened acai packets but this is definitely on my shopping list after reading her post!
- Did you see the latest ClassPass news? They now offer over 100 different workout videos that you can stream using your phone, computer or iPad. I love that these don’t count towards class credits and are just a new, added benefit for users of all levels.
- This faux leather jacket is loose enough to accomodate my growing belly but chic enough for an after work happy hour. Even though I found it on A Pea in the Pod, it turns out that it’s not a maternity jacket and sold at multiple different retailers!
- I love learning tips and tricks from others as many times their habits or tips can help me be a more effective leader, better friend or supportive wife. These nine habits of highly succesful people may not be relevant for everyone but I’m sure there is at least one tip that will be helpful. Right now I’m doing 1, 4 and 7 very well but am continuing to improve on 2 and 3.
- The BaubleBar earrings I’m wearing in the above picture have quickly become a favorite of mine this Spring as they add a perfect pop of color to an otherwise drab, all black outfit.
- The dressing recipe for this Chicken Avocado Salad made me want to pin the recipe immediately but the pictures of the bowl made me want to make it imediately. I just added all the ingredients to this week’s shopping list as I’m hoping to make it for dinner on Tuesday night!
- I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to my makeup but my mom taught me years ago that a quick swipe of lip color can go a long way. I’m always on the hunt for the perfect lip color but right now I’m loving this Beauty Counter Lip Gloss. As you can see from the picture, the bright, vibrant Dahlia color adds just a hint of color while also being easy to apply, hydrating and a great, natural lip gloss option.
- I just started reading Lilac Girls and can already tell I’m going to love it. The next books on my Goodreads bookshelf are Paris for One, America’s First Daughter and A Man Called Ove.
- I carry this MZWallace Metro backpack on a daily basis and am constantly amazed at how much it holds, how well it wears and the different pockets I continue to discover. I love putting my makeup and gym toilitries in the removable pouch while I store my laptop, water bottles, hard drive and phone in the other pockets.
- When I bought new foundation at Sephora last week, I received a tester kit of OleHenriksen Three Little Wonders and have been surprisingly impressed with the products. During pregnancy my face has started to show some dullness and uneven skin tone so I was impressed that after five days of constant use, my face looked brighter and more radiant. While it is called natural by Sephora, I can’t figure out whether it’s truly a natural product so before I stock up on full-size products I’m going to do some more reserach BUT if you’re looking for a great trial size skin care kit this is a great option!
Your turn – What books should I add to my list?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!