It is no secret that I believe staying active has helped me maintain my sanity during the past 32 weeks of pregnancy. From the very beginning, it was my goal to stay healthy and active throughout pregnancy while still listening to my body. While I realized that I pushed my body too hard by running through week 28, now that I’ve taken a break from running, I feel terrific. In fact, this morning during our Orangetheory workout, Bo told me that I look like I’ve actually built muscle over the past few months. Since taking a break from running, I’ve maintained a great workout routine that has ensured I get my heart rate up and break a sweat six days a week through long power walks, swimming, prenatal pilates, Orangetheory, Xtend Barre and prenatal yoga.
I’ve enjoyed the many benefits of working out during pregnancy including:
- Lowered my risk of gestational diabetes
- Reducing aches and pains
- No constipation
- Minimal swelling which didn’t begin until Week 31
- Minimal weight gain
- Increase my stamina and strength for labor
- Better sleep
However, the one thing that I didn’t enjoy about working out during pregnancy was finding clothes that fit well and flattered my growing figure. While I was able to wear most of the workout clothes through the first trimester, as soon as I started to pop in the second trimester, I started feeling like a stuffed sausage. In addition, as my belly grew each week, I started to feel some aches and pains after workouts from the extra weight. I knew it was time to invest in some maternity workout clothes but I didn’t know where to shop. I actually reached out to a few friends as many posts I found included links to brands that no longer sell maternity clothing, such as Athleta. The reviews on sites like Gap and Target had VERY mixed reviews which made me fearful of the quality or fit.
Luckily, at this same time, the team at Mumberry Fit reached out to me offering to send me one piece of their gear as well as provide a discount code for other items I may want to purchase as part of their Fit Mom Squad.
Similar to the sigh of relief I expressed the first time I slipped on a pair of maternity jeans, this workout gear made me feel comfortable and confident while working out. It is hands down the best maternity workout gear that I have tried! Since the clothing is made for pregnant women and takes into account their needs during this time of their life. Since it was designed by pregnant women, each of the pieces is flattering and sweat-wicking since pregnant women tend to get hot faster. But, the biggest thing that separates Mumberry from any other maternity workout clothing is the Mumband. The Mumband is a support band that is built into each Mumberry item. It features elastic and compression that supports and secures your stomach while providing much-needed support for your lower back. Since their clothing is meant to grow with you throughout pregnancy, the band can be worn either expanded, across the belly during later pregnancy months, or rolled down during the first trimester or after delivery when the added support isn’t needed.
Since discovering Mumberry, I’ve tested the following three items, each of which I’ve loved and wear on a regular basis.
- Ease Maternity Yoga Pant with Mumband Support – After wearing the capris for six weeks, I was looking for a longer pant version to wear for errands, yoga, and even while working from home. The “buttery” soft fabric makes me forget I’m wearing them while the Mumband support makes sure that my back and stomach are supported even when I’m sitting at my home office desk working. They also feature a back zipper pocket, perfect for storing keys or even my iPhone during errands and workouts. My only request is that they feature a longer length for tall women like myself as these aren’t quite as long as I’d like.
- Flourish Maternity Tank with Mumband Support – I fell head over heels for this tank as soon as I put it on back in February. The built in sports bra meant that I had one less thing to worry about when I was getting ready in the morning and the high impact support allowed me to run in it without issues. I love that the bra cups can serve as nursing pads after Baby Girl Diamond is born and for now, they provide some added shape. The empire waist is very flattering and has provided plenty of room for growth. Of course, just like every other piece of Mumberry activewear, the back and belly support provides my back and stomach with the compression and lift needed to keep workouts comfortable. I love this tank SO much that I actually just ordered the black one today to enjoy throughout the rest of pregnancy and beyond.
- Move Maternity Active Capris with Mumband Support – These capris fit wonderfully and the soft, thick fabric ensures that there are no surprises when I flow through prenatal yoga class as the material is definitely NOT see through. The built in Mumband fits perfectly over my stomach now that I’m 32 weeks and before this, I was able to adjust it to fit accordingly. I love that the capris also feature a side pocket, perfect for storing my keys, phone or credit card during a long, power walk.
Want to try Mumberry for yourself? Right now you can use the code MEGASALE30 to receive 30% off everything sitewide!
Thank you to Mumberry for sending me a piece of your clothing to try as well as providing a discount code for me to use on additional products. As always, all opinions are my own.