Happy Friday! We made it to the weekend. Today is a whirlwind day as I have a doctor’s appointment uptown smack dab in the middle of the day and then am stopping by Uplift Studios to say hello and hang out with the FitWeek crew later this evening. In between then I had two conference calls for work and a project I’m trying to finish. As I shared this morning on Instagram, I have discovered an incredible confidence and pride in my body during pregnancy. As I enter week 35 tomorrow, I can’t stop smiling! Even though I’m dealing with some pain in my right glute and round ligament pain that my physical therapist is working through, I feel stronger and more confident in my skin than ever before.
This weekend we are hosting a backyard barbeque and I am so looking forward to enjoying time with our friends. Even though the weather in NYC isn’t exactly looking Summer-like this weekend, I’m not going to let a little rain or overcast skies ruin my mood. Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- When Shape Magazine said they were looking for stories about mothers who inspired their daughters and others, I knew I had to share my mom’s story!
- I was ecstatic to see that Haim finally released a new single on Spotify! I love this group and typically listen to their station or playlist while working.
- This buffalo chicken bowl looks like a delicious way to enjoy something I’ve been craving recently, buffalo chicken, in a healthier way!
- I would not be upset if Bo whipped up this fluffy omelet for us Sunday morning.
- If you’re looking for a few new books, The Everygirl and Cup of Jo shared their recommendations for Summer reading! I’ve already put half of these on hold at my library.
- Hopefully these tasty popsicles make their way across the pond sooner versus later. Until then, I may have to make the homemade version to enjoy later this Summer!
- Guys, I can’t get enough of Halo Top ice cream after trying two of their flavors, cookie dough and cookies and cream earlier this week. Based on the Instagram comments, it seems that I have to try salted caramel and birthday cake next!
- There is no question, Bo and I are DEFINITELY old millenials. What about you?
- No less than twenty different people have shared this Birth of a Mother article with me this week and I have to say, the New York Times is spot on with this piece as I found myself nodding my head and identifying with the article; so many of the words resonated with me.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!