First and foremost, thank you for the kind comments, emails and notes I’ve received this week after sharing my heart with you guys. I read each of the emails and comments and took to heart your insight, opinions and recommendations. Thank you! In addition, I’ve loved hearing the feedback of what you guys want to read more of in upcoming posts. Today’s post starts to address one of the requests – more fashion posts – as there is a lot of fashion on sale this weekend!
Even though it’s Memorial Day weekend, the rainy and cool weather in New York City this week has me feeling a cozy night on the couch far more than a trip to the beach. There isn’t a single day forecasted to be warmer than 75 degrees in New York for the next 10 days and this pregnant momma is totally fine with that. After realizing that I have my mom’s same sensitivity to heat during pregnancy, I’m hoping this cool weather sticks around until Baby Girl Diamond greets us. Lord knows I’m already retaining ALL the water and dealing with some leg and ankle swelling. I don’t want to imagine what that retention and swelling would look like if the temperature sky-rocketed into the 90s. Bo and I both have Monday off in observance of Memorial Day, so we hope to combine some final projects around the house with lots of relaxation time and maybe even a fun date day together.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- This Green Goddess Egg Salad sandwich looks like it’d make the perfect lunch!
- I’m updating my Best Places to Eat in Savannah post but until then, I love this list of seven best places to eat in Savannah!
- I still dream of the amazing jerk chicken I enjoyed in Jamaica last year and this Jerk Chicken with Caribbean Rice & Mango Salsa would make a perfect Summer dinner that, based on the pictures, would answer my craving and make Jamaica proud!
- As you guys know, I love adding fun accesories to an outfit to give it new life. During the Summer, I often pair a tank top or t-shirt with fun, bright earrings or a necklace. The Bauble Bar Memorial Day sale includes lots of great items for up to 70% off including this statement necklace and these pom pom earrings!
- The team at G.H Cretors sent us a movie night care package including this gorgeous throw from West Elm and two bags of their delicious Caramel & Cheddar popcorn! Since discovering this sweet and savory goodness, I’ve started combining 1 cup of this with 2 cups of my healthier, natural popcorn for an afternoon snack that isn’t too horribly indulgent! I may or may not have picked up 3 more bags of this popcorn at Target earlier this week. Oops.
- The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale has some great deals but unfortunately, I am resisting the urge to shop right now. But, if I was shopping, these five items would DEFINITELY be in my cart:
- Vince Camuto Perforated Peep Toe Bootie in Beige are perfect for Summer
- I’ve seen this Twist Front Tee on multiple fashion blogs and love the easy, casual design.
- This white dress screams Summer!
- Love the scallop detail on this simple yet flattering swimsuit!
- These strappy sandals are what I call an investment piece but the cork is timeless and they can easily be dressed up or down!
- Bo and I loved having these healthy maple-sweetened banana muffins for pre-workout snacks this week!
- I am so proud of Christine for this incredible article on What Really Happens When Runners Lose Their Periods. It’s so important that people are finally talking about this issue that has been plaguing many runners for years!
- Work from home? Check out these five tips for making working from home healthier!
- I know people have a serious love – hate relationship with JCrew these days, but I’m loving some of their Summer styles and their prices seem to have come down a bit over the past few months. Once again, similar to the Nordstrom sale, I would be ordering these items if I was shopping the JCrew 30% off Memorial Day Sale.
- This ruffle eyelet dress comes in tall!!
- This eyelet top in yellow or green would be perfect to wear with white jeans and nude sandals all Summer long!
- Ahh, these tie-waist poplin shorts are adorable and SO fun. I would dress them up with heels for nights out or pair them with a simple tank and sandals for weekend brunch dates.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!