Happy Friday! While this was a short week due to the Memorial Day holiday, there was still a lot packed in as I tried to close out a few work projects and personal projects since we know that Baby Girl Diamond could surprise us and arrive any day. I’m thrilled that Bo nor I have any plans Friday night or Saturday. I’m looking forward to lots of relaxation since we’ve finally finished the projects around our house.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- The picture above captures one of my favorite moments this week. As I shared on Instagram this morning, for years I’ve forced myself to wake up for early morning workouts, using negative self talk, shame and guilt to convince myself that a day without a morning workout was a failure. Luckily, during this pregnancy I’ve learned to love myself and give myself the space to love my body and mind. This morning at 5:30 when the alarm went off I felt exhausted and sore. Even though I was booked for an Orangetheory class and knew cancelling would mean getting a “late cancel fee” I cancelled the class and set my alarm for two hours later. Bo was so amazed by this that when he woke up around 7 he snapped this picture as he thought I looked so calm and peaceful.
- Just in time for Summer, this protein pasta recipe looks like a great, easy option to whip up for dinner or lunch.
- I wish I had a reason to order this gorgeous dress, especially since it’s on sale for less than $100 right now! It would be perfect with heels and statement earrings for a Summer wedding or paired with gold Jack Rogers for an evening date night.
- A few people have asked what protein powder I’m using these days in my smoothies during pregnancy. Instead of using an actual protein powder, I’m getting protein via Vital Protein’s Collagen Peptide Powder. The one ingredient powder adds 18 grams of protein to my smoothies and promotes healthy hair, skin, nails, joints, and bones without any artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- I’ve used Gmail for years but didn’t know many of these shortcuts.
- Most days I let my hair dry naturally and the Hairstory Hair Balm has helped make the air dry result look SO much nicer. The balm hydrates while minimizing frizz without weighing down my hair or leaving it looking or feeling greasy. In fact, I look like I have beach waves when my hair dries, which is something I never had before!
- I treated myself to a few new Diptyque candles this week including my favorite scent, which I often burn on my bedside table before bed or at my desk while I work.
- In between parenting books, I’ve been reading at least 2-3 other books each month and I can’t wait to dive into a few of the books on How Sweet Eat’s Summer Reading List.
- Hilary’s Spicy Island dressing is a healthier take on Thousand Island and has a delicious, spicy kick that added flavor to my lunch salads this week. Now that I’ve discovered Hilary’s dressings, I can’t wait to try the rest of their line-up especially the ranch chia and kalamata olive!
- While I know our Summer is going to look a lot different this year, I still pinned the Infatuation’s Summer Guide to NYC in hopes that we can enjoy at least a few of the spots this Summer.
- Makeup has been minimal recently but I never leave home without a caot of this mascara, this lip gloss and a swipe of this brow gel.
Your turn – Tell me, what are you loving this week? Favorite new book? Makeup product? Fashion Item?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!