The honeysuckle is blooming, the temperatures are rising and the outdoor bars and restaurants are packed each night. It’s official, Summer has arrived in Brooklyn. This weekend the temps in New York are supposed to rise to over 90 degrees which has most people running to the beach and celebrating. This very pregnant momma will instead be staying cool indoors. I’m thinking a movie date, some ice cream, a pedicure and a date night or two with Bo.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- I put so many books on hold at the library that I’m constantly surprised when they text me saying a book is available. This week alone I was able to pick up the Perfume Collector, Slightly South of Simple and One Plus One. Over the past few weeks I’ve finished The Vacationers, Paris For One and Beach Town which I preferred in that order.
- Homemade popsicles seem like a great way to stay cool this weekend, especially these strawberry yogurt popsicles! Now, I wonder if I can order popsicle molds via Amazon Prime same day?
- Summer screams pasta salad and this Mediterranean Pasta Salad combines some of my favorite pregnancy cravings in an easy to make recipe!
- I’m making this fresh, flavorful side dish tonight to serve alongside grilled burgers.
- I’ve been bugging Bo about trying our hand at grilled pizza and with this weekend’s sunny forecast, I think it’d be a perfect project for Sunday evening. These 18 grilled pizza recipes are giving me plenty of inspiration!
Beauty & Fashion
- I’ve seen a few people in my neighborhood wearing these huarache sandals with both fun, Summer dresses and casual jeans and love the look.
- These look like the perfect jean shorts for Summer.
- Has anyone tried the new Nars Orgasm lipstick? Grace raved about it on her blog this week and I feel like it could be the perfect Summer lip color.
- Pair this fun white eyelet blouse with dark jeans, wedges and a vibrant clutch and you have your perfect date night outfit.
- I have a thing for airy tops this Summer and this embroidered linen-cotton tank is definitely being added to my Summer wardrobe. Now do I go with navy or white?
- This fun tassel necklace is priced right and will add a splash of color to any outfit!
- Since I’m avoiding the sun this Summer, I wanted to get a pop of color via blush and chose this color pinch cream blusher after seeing a few bloggers rave about it recently.
- I finally replaced my favorite liquid eyeliner after it was out of stock the past few months. I tried other brands but I always come back to Eyeko.
- I ordered this adorable navy and white stripe dress and am already in love! It’s flattering in the last few weeks of pregnancy and the tiered, lift up style will allow me to use it as a nursing dress this Summer.
- Just in time for Baby Girl Diamond, my friend and amazing mom-fashion blogger, Lindsey, put together a great round up of her favorite stylish nursing friendly tops.
- A few people recommended this book to us as we prepare to enter the fourth and fifth trimesters of pregnancy.
- After squeezing into my maternity underwear for months, even though they’ve always felt a size too small, I finally ordered postpartum underwear and have to admit that these are the most comfortable underwear right now and they aren’t as hideous as expected.
- I’m so in love with my PinkBlush Maternity Robe that I ordered for the hospital that I’ve been wearing it this week. The bright mint is such a fun pop of color and will hopefully make me look a bit more alive after hours of labor.
Have a great weekend friends! In case you missed it, here are the posts trending on the blog this week, many of which revolve around Baby Girl Diamond