The following post is a sponsored post in partnership with Cybex. As part of this partnership, Cybex reached out to expecting moms who are busy preparing for their new bundle of joy. As part of the journey and experience, Cybex as us to test out one of their most popular items, the Cybex Q Infant Car Seat to see if it was a good fit for our Brooklyn lifestyle.
While having a child in Brooklyn or New York City would give some people hives, it actually excites us. So many of our friends who have children have raved about having a newborn in Brooklyn. There is so much that is accessible just steps from our apartment. Whether we want to grab a strong iced coffee after a night of little sleep, run errands, head to the playground or meet friends for a beer, it’s all just a few blocks away.
We asked our Brooklyn friends what their “must have” registry items were and everyone said a great carrier and car seat were two of the most important items.
We were excited when Cybex asked us to test the Cybex Q Infant Car Seat car seat even before Baby Girl Diamond arrives. We spent some time testing the car seat both in the car and around the neighborhood. We definitely received some funny looks since we were carrying around an empty car seat, but we definitely benefitted from the trial run, especially learning how to quickly install it in a car.
As soon as we unboxed the car seat we were immediately in love with the sleek design as well as the innovation. Here are just a few of the features that make it a great option for families on the go.
- It has a full reclining position which means that if we’re at a coffee shop, grabbing a quick bite or out and about, she will hopefully be able to fall asleep easier and more comfortably.
- The car seat includes an integrated XXL foldaway sun canopy with UVP 50+ to protect Baby Girl Diamond’s skin from the Summer sun.
- The car seat base has a “load leg” which keeps the car seat in place and protects the baby’s head, neck, and spine in case of an accident.
- It will grow with our daughter, as it is able to be used with infants up to 35 lbs or 30” tall.
- They Cybex Q is available in eight different colors, including Moon Dust, the color you can see in these pictures.
Since some people have asked, yes Bo and I definitely plan on sharing an updated review of the car seat/carrier once we’ve used it. In addition, this is one of the reasons that I’m not sharing things like hospital bag, baby essentials or even registry list until after the baby. I think it’ll be more helpful for readers to share what I actually use at the hospital and in the first few weeks with baby.
Thank you to CYBEX for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.