It has been a busy week in our home as we’ve been blessed to have three visitors! My mother-in-law Mimi left Tuesday afternoon and my parents arrived yesterday morning. Having extra help and company is such a blessing while it’s also so fun to watch the grandparents evolve and fall more and more in love with their first grandchild. Overall, it has been a good as Katie continues to thrive and now weighs 9 lbs 7 oz and her personality is starting to really shine.
Our plans this weekend are to relax and enjoy the gorgeous weather. We are thinking that a trip to Prospect Park or the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens may be a great activity while we’re also looking foreard to trying out the new electric smoker Bo received for his birthday yesterday. On Sunday my aunt and uncle are coming from New Jersey to meet Katie and enjoy a birthday lunch with us since my uncle’s 70th birthday is on Monday! What are your weekend plans?
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- While this new study may have you scared to take a spin class, at the end of the day it’s most important to ease into workouts and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
- We can’t remember why these delicious toffee cookies are only made at Christmas as they are my family’s favorite and were a perfect birthday treat for Bo’s birthday. If you like toffee cookies, these are an easy-to-make bar cookie that is perfect for any occasion.
- I’ve started having podcasts on in the background while I’m nursing and feeding Katie. This week I’ve really enjoyed listening to a few of the The Stuff You Should Know podcasts including one about Amelia Earheart and Food Fads.
- This article discusses the effects football’s hits and tackles have on player’s brains. The research results, which includes all levels of players including high school, is scary to say the least. After years of debate, I think the results of the NFL portion of the study, which found 110 out of 111 players had C.T.E, is enough proof to end the debate.
- I ordered this knot-back tank top in two colors and have already worn both of them this week! It’s comfortable, flattering and available in six colors!
- Speaking of NFL, I loved reading this article about John Urschel, a Baltimore Ravens player who has decided to pursue his PHD in Math from M.I.T versus continuing playing in the NFL.
- In case you missed this post last year, striving for healthy left me exhausted.
- I’ve been using ALOHA protein powder the past few weeks and have especially enjoyed their vanilla and banana flavors. Want to try it for yourself? Use the discount code HEALTHYHAPPIER20 on their website.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!