Black Friday and Cyber Monday have evolved over the past few years. When I was growing up, every few years my mom and I would wake up and head to the outlets in Bluffton, South Carolina to work our way through her Christmas list for every one of our friends and family members. I remember the excitement of listening to Christmas music in the car as we drove 45-minutes to the outlets in the darkness, arriving at the first store when it opened at 6am.
These days, I do most of my holiday shopping online, quickly clicking back and forth between websites and referencing a notes page on my phone which I populate throughout the year. In fact, this evening while Katie was taking her short, cat nap, Bo and I spent 45 minutes doing all of our Christmas shopping for friends and family members.
Have you already finished your shopping? Are you team in-store or online shopping? If you plan to spend time online tomorrow or Monday, here are a few of my favorite sales and items.
- JCrew – 50% off your purchase with the code SHOPFAST including the cropped sweater blazer I wore all today, this soft tissue turtleneck, this swing sweater, these flattering jeans, and this amazing cashmere.
- LLBean – 20% off clothes and outerwear plus a $10 gift card with the code THANKS20 including their signature boots, my favorite pullover, fisherman sweater, & flannel pajamas.
- Williams-Sonoma – There are multiple deals on their site including 20% off their entire Peppermint Bark collection, $150 off Vitamix and 20% off their seasonal soap, lotions & candles.
- Athleta – 20% off everything with code BLISS including this cozy sweater, perfect sweatshirt, & their popular stealth tight.
- Bauble Bar – 35% off everything with code CYBER35 including the Luxe Giftset, Tassel set, & this statement necklace.
- Bloomingdales– 25% off when you spend $200 or more or 15% off when you spend $100-$200 including this fun tie-cuff sweater, faux fur vest, & my favorite snow boots!
Multiple times during the holiday season, I find myself needing a small gift. Whether it’s for an office Secret Santa or a hostess gift, having a few of these tucked away will make your holiday season a little less stressful.
- Never have I ever met someone who didn’t like peppermint bark. The Original Peppermint Bark from Williams Sonoma comes in a tin perfect for gifting. Made from the finest Guittard chocolate and infused with peppermint oils this bark is addicting! $29
- Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh Frasier fir? This perfectly price Williams Sonoma Winter Forest Guest Set includes hand soap, hand lotion and a votive candle. I ordered four of these to use as hostess gifts and small thank you gifts during the holiday season. $14.95
- Need a gift for a female in your life who loves better-for-you beauty options? The Beautycounter Glow and Go Mini Oils set contains three oils that will help them reveal their best face during the cold, dry winter months. Whether they want balancing, brightening or plumping, this set has it all! $28
- Another great gift idea for your girlfriend, sister or colleague is the top-selling Sephora Face Mask Magic set which includes six of their most popular face masks. $25
- My mom introduced me to L’Occitane hand creams years ago and since then I’ve always carried one in my purse. Their 4-piece hand cream set features four hand creams that will keep your hands soft and hydrated wherever you are. I love that the scents aren’t overbearing and the cream absorbs quickly, leaving your hands soft not sticky. $16
- My favorite candle during the holiday season, the Nest Holiday Candle is an aromatic candle that lasts for hours while filling your home with cinnamon, orange, pine and pomegranate. The packaging is fun and festive while their small, votive size is perfectly priced. $16
- Stylish, fun and practical the Corkcicle Stemless tumbler will keep your beverage cold for nine hours or cold for three hours regardless of whether it’s a strong, morning latte or a glass of wine. Featured on Oprah’s Favorite Things this year, this will bring a smile to anyone on your list. $15.80
- Help your friend or loved one chill the heck out after a long week with the Calm Bath Salts. These salts will transform your bath into a relaxing sanctuary filled with vanilla scent and detoxifying sea salts. $18
- The custom stamp gift box set allows recipients to personalize their stamp with their design, address or greeting of choice. If you have a friend who enjoys sending or receiving snail mail or just moved homes, this is a perfect gift this holiday season! $27.97
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things for the holiday season. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!
Can you guys believe that the holiday season is here! Thanksgiving is just a few days away and my Christmas vacation begins in five weeks! It’s going to be a busy, but fun few weeks! The title of today’s post may be Friday Favorites but I’ll be the first to admit that yes, it is Saturday. I’m still figuring out how to manage everything right now between a new job, an adorable five month old daughter, trying to squeeze in workouts and blogging. But, better late than never, right? Since we don’t have too many things planned this weekend, I’m hoping to draft a few posts including a gift guide or two and some thoughts on my workouts these days.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Even though I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to makeup, I’m loving this eye shadow pallete from Beautycounter. The set includes 18 rich but neutral colors as well as a double-ended brush and a removable mirror. I layered three colors this morning for our family photo shoot and was surprised to see that seven hours later, my eye shadow still look perfect!
- It’s been three weeks since I purchased the Revlon One-Step Volumizer hair dryer and I’m still head over heels. I’m amazed how quickly it allows me to blow dry and style my hair. Unlike other blow dryers, this styling tool leaves my hair frizz-free without any product or even a straightening iron. In addition, my hair goes from wet to fully-styled in around ten minutes! I love that after seeing my Instagram stories so many people have bought this blow dryer and emailed or commented letting me know how much they love it!
- I couldn’t resist buying this adorable Santa suit for Katie when I saw that it was just $13! We had fun with the outfit during today’s photo shoot – styling Katie with Christmas lights, soft ornaments and a fuzzy blanket. I can’t wait to see the proofs!
- This soft turtleneck is perfect for the cooler weather we are enjoying in New York City. Since buying it a few weeks ago, I’ve worn it for both casual and professional occasions. This week in Arkansas I dressed it up with a necklace and crepe pants for work and today I paired it with tall boots and skinny jean. The golden burgundy is a rich red, perfect for the holidays, while the gray is a classic favorite. Word to the wise, order a size down as mine are already a bit too loose on me since I’ve lost another pound or two of baby weight!
- This sweatshirt summarizes my morning workout struggle perfectly! I can’t wait to wear it tomorrow, after I workout, for a cozy afternoon on the couch.
- Last night I squeezed in a manicure and pedicure right after Katie went to sleep and that hour of relaxation was exactly what I needed. I decided to switch both my toes and fingers to a festive, holiday red – OPI Dutch Tulips. Since I tend to wear this vibrant pink-red polish non-stop during the holiday season I ordered a bottle so I can do touch-ups at home in between appointments.
- If you live in the New York City area and are looking for a maternity, newborn or family photographer, Michelle Rose is amazing! We had our first family shoot with her today and I was amazed at her attention to detail, easy going style and ability to capture some amazing shots even when Katie was starting to get tired.
- My favorite pajamas are on sale for less than $50! These cotton knit pajamas are soft and cozy though I wish they made them in more colors. I’ve had my pair for two years and they are still the first pair I reach for in my pajama drawer.