Happy Friday! How could I not begin this post with a picture from last weekend’s baptism celebration? It was such a special day for everyone involved! I hope you guys have had a great week. It has been a chaotic but wonderful one around here. I returned to work, full-time, last week but due to Katie’s baptism and visiting family, only worked one day. This week, it was full steam ahead as I spent the week on conference calls and transitioning into my new role. I’m thrilled to report that things have gone far better than expected. Katie is thriving in the nanny share! She is nothing but smiles each morning and evening but the two children in the share with her provide such stimulation and engagement that she’s exhausted by the time we head upstairs for bath time and the final bottle of the day. I’m exhausted from a busy week and looking forward to a relaxed weekend which will hopefully include a few workouts and at least one bubble bath. I was randomly craving one tonight but, alas, prioritized cooking dinner and writing this post.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- I’m wearing this face mask right now and continue to be amazed by how bright and vibrant my face feels after using it! I do my best to apply it three times per week as I swear it leaves my face glowing after each use!
- I love reading all the New York City Marathon race recaps. It was such an amazing day not only for my friends who trained and worked so hard to achieve their goals but also for the American elites! While I loved watching the highlights from Shalane’s win, Allie Kieffer’s story left me SO inspired! It’s crazy to think that she took 26 minutes off her marathon time and placed 5th in the marathon and IS NOT SPONSORED! I especially enjoyed reading her story in Runner’s World along with some of her great advice – “If there’s anything I could pass along to younger runners: Love yourself, eat healthy through your college years, and you’ll be stronger on the other side.” What a rock star!
- My mom and I baked this pumpkin bread for Katie’s baptism brunch last weekend and were elated that three different guests asked us for the recipe! A simple, no-fail recipe this best ever pumpkin bread recipe lives up to it’s name!
- This emerald green dress was perfect for Katie’s baptism celebration last weekend. The ruffle sleeves provided a dose of fun while the long, knee length allowed it to be church appropriate. I love that Boden many of their dresses in three sizes – petite, regular and tall.
- As soon as the weather cools down, I start to gravitate towards a richer, more vibrant lip color to help bring some brightness and warmth to my face. This lipstick is free of parabens and hydrates my lips for hours. The vibrant red hue is forgiving and the color is perfect for fall!
- After wearing this cozy sweatshirt I fell so in love with it that I ordered it in a second color! The cowl neck and longer length make it universally flattering while the thumb holes and pocket are perfect for keeping my hands warm on chilly mornings. The fit is more slim than most of my sweatshirts which provides a more flattering and tailored look.
- When I was on L.L. Bean’s website ordering a second sweatshirt, I saw a model wearing this camel poncho. After reading the reviews and seeing that it is less than $50, it quickly found its way into my shopping bag! While I’ve never worn a poncho, I love the idea of pairing this with dark jeans, tall boots and a blouse or turtleneck. I’ve seen a number of these on other sites for 4-5x the price so I figured it was worth giving it a try!
- I’m only half way through this Pulitzer Prize winning novel but find myself reaching for it each night before going to bed. This memoir not only tells the story of Katharine Graham but also of the Washington Post and the many events in American political history that took place during her time.
Okay, now it’s your turn. What book are you loving right now?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!