Can you guys believe that the holiday season is here! Thanksgiving is just a few days away and my Christmas vacation begins in five weeks! It’s going to be a busy, but fun few weeks! The title of today’s post may be Friday Favorites but I’ll be the first to admit that yes, it is Saturday. I’m still figuring out how to manage everything right now between a new job, an adorable five month old daughter, trying to squeeze in workouts and blogging. But, better late than never, right? Since we don’t have too many things planned this weekend, I’m hoping to draft a few posts including a gift guide or two and some thoughts on my workouts these days.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Even though I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to makeup, I’m loving this eye shadow pallete from Beautycounter. The set includes 18 rich but neutral colors as well as a double-ended brush and a removable mirror. I layered three colors this morning for our family photo shoot and was surprised to see that seven hours later, my eye shadow still look perfect!
- It’s been three weeks since I purchased the Revlon One-Step Volumizer hair dryer and I’m still head over heels. I’m amazed how quickly it allows me to blow dry and style my hair. Unlike other blow dryers, this styling tool leaves my hair frizz-free without any product or even a straightening iron. In addition, my hair goes from wet to fully-styled in around ten minutes! I love that after seeing my Instagram stories so many people have bought this blow dryer and emailed or commented letting me know how much they love it!
- I couldn’t resist buying this adorable Santa suit for Katie when I saw that it was just $13! We had fun with the outfit during today’s photo shoot – styling Katie with Christmas lights, soft ornaments and a fuzzy blanket. I can’t wait to see the proofs!
- This soft turtleneck is perfect for the cooler weather we are enjoying in New York City. Since buying it a few weeks ago, I’ve worn it for both casual and professional occasions. This week in Arkansas I dressed it up with a necklace and crepe pants for work and today I paired it with tall boots and skinny jean. The golden burgundy is a rich red, perfect for the holidays, while the gray is a classic favorite. Word to the wise, order a size down as mine are already a bit too loose on me since I’ve lost another pound or two of baby weight!
- This sweatshirt summarizes my morning workout struggle perfectly! I can’t wait to wear it tomorrow, after I workout, for a cozy afternoon on the couch.
- Last night I squeezed in a manicure and pedicure right after Katie went to sleep and that hour of relaxation was exactly what I needed. I decided to switch both my toes and fingers to a festive, holiday red – OPI Dutch Tulips. Since I tend to wear this vibrant pink-red polish non-stop during the holiday season I ordered a bottle so I can do touch-ups at home in between appointments.
- If you live in the New York City area and are looking for a maternity, newborn or family photographer, Michelle Rose is amazing! We had our first family shoot with her today and I was amazed at her attention to detail, easy going style and ability to capture some amazing shots even when Katie was starting to get tired.
- My favorite pajamas are on sale for less than $50! These cotton knit pajamas are soft and cozy though I wish they made them in more colors. I’ve had my pair for two years and they are still the first pair I reach for in my pajama drawer.