Each year, I put together a gift guide for runners and friends who like to sweat. This year, every item on the list below is something that I either own and love or have on my own wishlist. Keep in mind, since there are only a few days until Christmas, these are items that are available either in-store or via express shipping.
- Epson ProSense 307 Multisport Watch – Over the years I’ve tried a number of different GPS watches and this is hands-down my favorite. I’ve used the watch for outdoor and indoor runs, HIIT workouts and even spin classes and I’m amazed with the accuracy of the GPS and the HR monitor. The watch is very intuitive and I never found myself confused on how to set, program or use the watch. The battery is better than any I’ve tried, lasting through many workouts and even daily wear while running errands or tracking steps. If you want to give it as a gift for a loved one or to yourself, make sure to use the code DIAMOND17 for free 2-day shipping and a discount!
- Brooks LSD Jacket – This jacket is perfect for running or outdoor workouts all year-round as it is wind & rain resistant while still being light enough to tie around your waist or stash in a pocket or bag. I love that it’s available in 8 fun colors.
- Athleta Criss Cross Sweatshirt – The detail on this sweatshirt makes it perfect for errands or going to and from workouts. Available in 9 colors and a range of fits and sizes, I would love to open the rain check color on Christmas morning.
- Sarah Marie Designs Kinda Wanna Run Sweatshirt – This is the coziest sweatshirt I own and therefore was one of the first things I packed in my bag for Savannah. Whether I’m working from home, running errands, or dashing to a workout you can expect to see me wearing this sweatshirt multiple times per week.
- Brooks Threshold Glove – I have sworn by these gloves for winter running the past few winters. The water-resistant and windproof mitten cover keeps hands warm and dry while the tech-friendly glove fingers allow you to easily switch to the next song or check your splits on your watch.
- YurBuds Inspire Sport Earphones – Four years later, I still love running with my Yurbuds. I never have to adjust my headphones or worry about them falling out.
- Ahava Bath Salts – I love these naturally healing, lavender bath salts after a workout or stressful week.
- Trigger Point Mini Grid Foam Roller – This little guy is the perfect foam roller for everyone. It’s cheaper than others, is small enough to bring on trips but still gets all the knots. Everyone, regardless their fitness or running level, can benefit from foam rolling!
- Brooks Run Happy Hat – I wear this hat throughout the year and love the Run Happy logo on front as well as the comfortable fit and sweat-wicking material.
- Sweaty Betty Ear Warmer – This fleece, colorful ear warmer protects your ears from the winter weather while holding your hair in place. I bought the black version three years ago, while living abroad, and where it for both running and cold, winter errands and commutes.
Disclaimer: Thank you to Epson for partnering with me on this sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Until yesterday, I thought that I was totally done with Christmas shopping. In fact, I joked with my friend yesterday, while sipping tea and enjoying a cozy, relaxed moment, that I was so ahead of the game in regards to buying, wrapping and mailing gifts and sending Christmas cards! Since so much of my life is chaotic, I knew that doing as much shopping as possible during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend would reduce stress during these final weeks of December. But, thanks to a last minute addition of a Yankee Swap or White Elephant, yesterday afternoon I was faced with the fun challenge of finding a gift that would meet our family’s swap guidelines.
- Appropriate for male or female
- Appropriate for anyone between the ages of 34-75
- Able to easily be checked or carried on an airplane
- Under $30
These guidelines immediately intimidated me and left me stressed out and clueless instead of excited to welcome a new family tradition. But, luckily, with a little help from my Instagram friends I have a list of ideas for the swap and, luckily, many of them can still be ordered for Christmas delivery OR purchased in store. When I asked people on Instagram for help and ideas, many people responded asking me to share the list since they need to buy a similar gift for either an office party or a swap with friends and family.
I hope these tips are as helpful for you as they were for me. In case you’re wondering, the Echo Dot and Google Home Minis were the most frequent suggestions though anything Yeti was a close second.
What is your favorite item to give or receive during a Yankee Swap/White Elephant?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!
Happy Tuesday! I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday. I am counting down the minutes until December 20th, when we fly down to Savannah for some rest and relaxation. While I’m loving my new role, it has been a fast and furious few weeks. This morning I was able to draft this post during my commute into Manhattan. You guys have requested a life update, so here are a few random thoughts for your Tuesday evening!
- We received the images from our family photo shoot with Michelle Rose and we are both so please with the moments she captured. As y’all know from the blog and Instagram, Katie isn’t necessarily a baby who gives a ton of smiles. She saves her smiles for special moments and often has a more serious look. Though she’s a giggly happy baby, getting her to smile for our photo shoot wasn’t easy. But, Michelle was able to work some magic and capture a few moments that express the joy we have in our lives. I never thought I’d be the parent who wanted to do a staged shoot but I’m in love with the Santa pics too!
- I’m still trying to find my rhythm in my new role as right now my goal each day is just keeping my head above water. Since my customers fiscal year is February, I definitely joined at busy season!
- I had a meltdown yesterday as I didn’t take the time to fully purge my closet this weekend. Instead of grabbing an outfit and quickly getting ready for work, I tried on four different things before I found something that worked. Even though I worked out all during my pregnancy and stayed very active during my maternity leave, my body is a full size larger on top and bottom. I spoke with one of my friends, who is a talented stylist, and I’m hoping to do a post dedicated to this topic in early January. Needless to say, my closet needs an OVERHAUL!
- I sold a few things this weekend but then decided that it was easier and more gratifying to donate to those in need. It felt wonderful to give a pile of sweaters and pants to a clothing drive. If you need to clean out your closet this is a great time as so many people need warm clothes as winter temperatures arrive.
- I am so excited for Christmas vacation in Savannah. We are staying longer than normal this year and look forward to enjoying rest and relaxation with loved ones. There is a lot to celebrate this year between my brothers engagement and Katie’s arrival! I can’t wait for her to meet Sulley – Meg and Russell’s adorable mini doodle or Patches – my parents cat! There are also extended relatives joining for the holidays so I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun and a lot of chaos.
- While we have time off we are also going to start introducing solids more regularly. Our plan is to begin this weekend and then truly focus on it when we have two weeks of relaxed time with Katie to give it the time and attention it needs.
- Speaking of chaos, as Bo and I both acclimate to my new role and the busy holiday season, we are making an effort to minimize our weekend commitments. While it has meant declining a few holiday parties and fun events, it has allowed us to catch our breath and stay sane. In fact, this coming weekend, my only social commitment is Theodora’s annual cookie swap which is sure to be a great time.
- Speaking of Theodora’s annual cookie swap this Saturday, I haven’t decided which cookies to bake. I have my eye on these four, each of which are easy enough to make Friday evening but look as if they’ll be quite tasty. What’s your favorite holiday cookie? We look like such babies in these pictures! I can’t believe this cookie swap was six years ago!
- The other thing we’ve started doing is reviewing our calendars together so we are both aware of commitments and project deadlines. Sometimes just being aware of what each person is managing allows us to be more understanding and supportive.
- Now that I’m traveling for work a few times a month and heading to Hoboken or Manhattan weekly for meetings, I’ve started relying on a few key items daily. This bookbag has been a favorite of mine for two years and has plenty of room for my computer, notebook, heels and snacks! I also keep a few essentials in a small pouch including an RX bar, an extra laptop battery, this lip balm, herbal tea bags, hair band, tiny brush, lip gloss and this backup battery!!
- Since Katie is growing so quickly, we’ve become huge fans of clothing from Gap Outlet, Carters and Burt’s Bees! Often we can find pajamas for just $5 with coupons and outfits for $15! But, we did splurge on this adorable, plaid dress for Christmas and I can’t wait to try it on this weekend. I had no clue that Vineyard Vines has baby clothes!
Okay, I hope you guys have a great evening. I have at least another hour of work which means it’s time to get to grab a fresh cup of steaming herbal tea and get focused. Have a great evening!