Happy Tuesday! I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday. I am counting down the minutes until December 20th, when we fly down to Savannah for some rest and relaxation. While I’m loving my new role, it has been a fast and furious few weeks. This morning I was able to draft this post during my commute into Manhattan. You guys have requested a life update, so here are a few random thoughts for your Tuesday evening!
- We received the images from our family photo shoot with Michelle Rose and we are both so please with the moments she captured. As y’all know from the blog and Instagram, Katie isn’t necessarily a baby who gives a ton of smiles. She saves her smiles for special moments and often has a more serious look. Though she’s a giggly happy baby, getting her to smile for our photo shoot wasn’t easy. But, Michelle was able to work some magic and capture a few moments that express the joy we have in our lives. I never thought I’d be the parent who wanted to do a staged shoot but I’m in love with the Santa pics too!
- I’m still trying to find my rhythm in my new role as right now my goal each day is just keeping my head above water. Since my customers fiscal year is February, I definitely joined at busy season!
- I had a meltdown yesterday as I didn’t take the time to fully purge my closet this weekend. Instead of grabbing an outfit and quickly getting ready for work, I tried on four different things before I found something that worked. Even though I worked out all during my pregnancy and stayed very active during my maternity leave, my body is a full size larger on top and bottom. I spoke with one of my friends, who is a talented stylist, and I’m hoping to do a post dedicated to this topic in early January. Needless to say, my closet needs an OVERHAUL!
- I sold a few things this weekend but then decided that it was easier and more gratifying to donate to those in need. It felt wonderful to give a pile of sweaters and pants to a clothing drive. If you need to clean out your closet this is a great time as so many people need warm clothes as winter temperatures arrive.
- I am so excited for Christmas vacation in Savannah. We are staying longer than normal this year and look forward to enjoying rest and relaxation with loved ones. There is a lot to celebrate this year between my brothers engagement and Katie’s arrival! I can’t wait for her to meet Sulley – Meg and Russell’s adorable mini doodle or Patches – my parents cat! There are also extended relatives joining for the holidays so I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun and a lot of chaos.
- While we have time off we are also going to start introducing solids more regularly. Our plan is to begin this weekend and then truly focus on it when we have two weeks of relaxed time with Katie to give it the time and attention it needs.
- Speaking of chaos, as Bo and I both acclimate to my new role and the busy holiday season, we are making an effort to minimize our weekend commitments. While it has meant declining a few holiday parties and fun events, it has allowed us to catch our breath and stay sane. In fact, this coming weekend, my only social commitment is Theodora’s annual cookie swap which is sure to be a great time.
- Speaking of Theodora’s annual cookie swap this Saturday, I haven’t decided which cookies to bake. I have my eye on these four, each of which are easy enough to make Friday evening but look as if they’ll be quite tasty. What’s your favorite holiday cookie? We look like such babies in these pictures! I can’t believe this cookie swap was six years ago!
- The other thing we’ve started doing is reviewing our calendars together so we are both aware of commitments and project deadlines. Sometimes just being aware of what each person is managing allows us to be more understanding and supportive.
- Now that I’m traveling for work a few times a month and heading to Hoboken or Manhattan weekly for meetings, I’ve started relying on a few key items daily. This bookbag has been a favorite of mine for two years and has plenty of room for my computer, notebook, heels and snacks! I also keep a few essentials in a small pouch including an RX bar, an extra laptop battery, this lip balm, herbal tea bags, hair band, tiny brush, lip gloss and this backup battery!!
- Since Katie is growing so quickly, we’ve become huge fans of clothing from Gap Outlet, Carters and Burt’s Bees! Often we can find pajamas for just $5 with coupons and outfits for $15! But, we did splurge on this adorable, plaid dress for Christmas and I can’t wait to try it on this weekend. I had no clue that Vineyard Vines has baby clothes!
Okay, I hope you guys have a great evening. I have at least another hour of work which means it’s time to get to grab a fresh cup of steaming herbal tea and get focused. Have a great evening!