Good morning and happy Friday friends! I hope you all had a good week. Over here it was a busy week filled with lots of fun including a happy hour last night at one of our favorite, neighborhood spots, Pig Beach. A few weeks ago Katie would rarely hang out in the carrier but last night, she was so happy and relaxed that she actually fell asleep for half the happy hour. Unfortunately, last night we got our first taste of the famous four month regression which means that Katie was up a few times last night. I know that everything is a phase but man do I need a second cup of coffee this morning. This weekend is going to include a mix of everything as I have the Rock’n’Roll 5 Miler tomorrow morning and then we are enjoying brunch with some friends afterwards. Other than that the rest of our weekend is open which means lots of relaxing.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- I asked you guys for your favorite flattering workout gear and these leggings were recommended not only by more than 1,000 Nordstrom shoppers but also over 20 readers. I ordered my first pair and can’t wait for them to arrive!
- A number of friends also recommended this tank as it’s loose in the mid-section and can be adjusted based on the tie back. I ordered it in two, darker Fall colors, so hoping that it is as cute on me as it is on the model!
- I’ve been wearing this sheer blouse frequently since receiving it in last month’s Stitch Fix shipment. It is flattering, a perfect weight for the warmer temperatures we’ve had and is comfortable enough to wear while I’m wearing Katie in the carrier.
- These whole wheat pumpkin muffins are heartier than most and can be made in the blender which means EASY cleanup! I can’t wait to enjoy them as an afternoon snack next week!
- Beautycounter launched their holiday gift sets this week and I’ve already bought two of them! This brush set is a great deal and includes the only four brushes I need! This lip duo’s bright, poppy red color is the perfect hue for holidays but sheer enough that someone like me can figure out how to apply a red lip without getting it everywhere! Don’t forget, if you use this link you’ll also get a free charcoal cleansing bar with any order over $100! *Note, the free Charcoal Cleansing Bar ($24 value) will ship separately and won’t appear in your cart.
- If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I started the BBG Stronger workout plan this week. Part of Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide (BBG) the 28-minute workout has been a great way to get me back in the gym and focusing on strength training. I now understand why more than 20-million people around the world have used her programs to get fit! While I don’t care about being in a bikini, it feels good to get an efficient and effective workout and have a clear guide to follow. While her original BBG guide is available in PDF version online, I believe the STRONGER one that I’m following is only available in her SWEAT app.
- How delicious does this vibrant kale and brussells sprout salad look? If you want to make it easier, grab the pre-cut kale and brussells sprouts at your local grocery store versus spending time slicing and trimming them.
- At last night’s happy hour, three of the babies were wearing this adorable, cozy sweater from Baby Gap! I ordered two for Katie last night so that she can be warm and cozy in the cooler, Fall temperatures. If you use the code HAPPY you get 40% off!
- I’ve enjoyed following Megan’s journey as a mother runner and this article which she wrote for Women’s Running is spot on! Even though I’m not training for a race yet, I can understand why she and so many others say that becoming a parent made them a stronger runner.
Have a great weekend!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!