Happy Friday! Doesn’t the street corn in the above picture make you ready for a delicious Mexican happy hour complete with a margarita? It’s a rainy morning here in New York City, the perfect excuse to relax at home this morning while trying to catch up on a few things during Katie’s naps. This week has been a good one, but filled with lots of activities and outings which mean that there is a giant pile of clothes waiting to be folded and thank you notes that still need to be written. I guess it can’t be all fun and games, can it? In all seriousness, this week has been terrific! Katie has slept very well each night and for the past two days she even napped well during the day. Bo and I found a groove that allowed us to divide and conquer the evening feed session which means we were able to cook dinner each night, thanks to HelloFresh (<—Click this link for $20 off your first box!).
We don’t have much planned this weekend, which makes me SO happy! Tonight we are going on a double date with another couple and their newborn then the rest of the weekend we are relaxing around the neighborhood, practicing baby wearing and maybe momma will get a massage or pedicure!
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Okay, who here likes wine? Who here likes a good sale? If you raised your hand or nodded your head to either of those questions then you’ll love the app we just discovered, Last Bottle. Similar to Gilt and RueLaLa, this is a flash sale site that posts a different wine each day that you can buy for 50% or more off the retail price. It isn’t overwhelming since there is only one wine featured each day and they show you the retail price, wine rating and helpful information about the wine. If you order 6 bottles, shipping is free! We’ve discovered a new favorite wine through the app, Cottonwood’s Pinot Noir Willamette Valley Marina Piper 2013 and stocked up on a favorite Robert Mondavi which was 70% off the retail price!
- We ordered a number of things from our friend Marquin’s beautiful design store and are absolutely in love with this acrylic tray and these coasters which areadding a pop of color to our living room side table while serving as a great place to put bottles during feeds.
- I loved reading Julia’s review of the last ten books she read. Like me, she read a lot while she was pregnant and now she has me wishing I had more time to read! I just added a few of these to my GoodReads Want to Read list!
- Still one of our favorite salad dressings, I whipped up this homemade Greek Salad Dressing earlier this week!
- This saucy tomato and artichoke chicken recipe looks delicious and simple enough for me to whip up even if I have a fussy baby in the kitchen.
- Even before seeing the pictures the recipe title alone, Mexican Street Corn Salad, convinced me to add all the ingredients to this weekend’s shopping list. I love that it is such a simple recipe, with only 3 steps and a few ingredients, yet the photographs and flavors have me drooling!
- After seeing recent pictures of Katie in her new swaddle, a few people have asked what brand we are using. Bo and I switched to the Halo Swaddle on Monday after Katie, our little Houdini, broke out of our swaddles two nights in a row. We are using the lightweight, muslin Halo Swaddle paired with either a kimono or onesie and she seems to love it!
- I am so excited for my favorite shows (This Is Us, Grey’s Anatomy (yes, I have watched it EVERY season since it premiered), Law & Order, Scandal) to make a return to television next month! While I doubt I’ll be watching them live, it’s fun to know that I’ll have a few things already on Hulu to watch during my next feeding session. I don’t know much about any of the new shows premiering but, I just saw that Will & Grace is returning? Is it just me or does it seem like the cast of Will & Grace hasn’t aged a day since their show ended?
Okay, I hear a crying baby so it’s time to go enjoy some morning cuddles. I hope you guys have a great weekend and tell me – what are you loving right now? What’s your favorite book? Wine? Movie?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!