Happy Friday! I hope you all are ready for a wonderful weekend. This afternoon we have Katie’s four month pediatrician appointment which includes another round of shots. It’s been two months since we’ve been to the doctor so I’m looking forward to getting her updated weight and height! How the heck is she already four months old! This month she came alive with SO much personality, energy and laughter. Spending each day with her has been such a joy, even during the few days when sleep didn’t go well. The rest of this weekend should be pretty relaxed as we do not have any plans. Between Halloween, Katie’s Baptism and returning to work the next few weekends are going to be packed so I’m looking forward to soaking up some rest and relaxation before the chaos begins.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- After ordering 12 (!!?) different pair of booties over the past month, I finally found a pair that I loved so much that I already ordered them in a second color! These Treasure & Bond Winsor booties are under $100, feature a block heel which makes them more comfortable for walking, are the perfect height bootie to go with skinny jeans or stockings when paired with a skirt or dress. I am now the proud owner of the black suede and the sand suede colors! As an FYI, I found that they run pretty true to size!
- I mentioned last week that I finally ordered my first pair of Zella leggings after hearing rave reviews from friends. The Zella Live In High Waist leggings are my new favorite pair of pants that can easily go from park workout to weekend errands thanks to their moisture wicking and flattering high rise. No wonder they have over 2,900 positive reviews on Nordstrom! I also love that they are $54 which is half the price of the other high-rise leggings I was considering.
- Earlier this week I asked for your tips as I transition to a working mom in just two weeks. More than 20 people recommended the book The Fifth Trimester which is an honest and helpful guide to the challenges women face as they transition back to work after staying home with their child during the first few months. I’m so appreciative of Lauren Smith Brody’s poignant book that I reached out to her on Instagram which resulted in a two day conversation! Even though I’m only a quarter of the way through the book she has helped me change my anxiety and fear into excitement and also put a few things in place to hopefully make the transition smoother.
- For years, we always had a WoodWick candle burning in our home but when we lived abroad, it was difficult to find them and after having two break when trying to bring them back in checked luggage, we gave up our love and found local, European candle replacements. During last week’s shopping trip I saw a display of WoodWick candles and quickly bought my two favorite scents – Fireside and Pumpkin Butter. I am a sucker for the crackling sound that comes from the wood wick and love that the fragrant candle is able to spread the warm scent throughout our downstairs.
- I have met some incredibly talented moms during my maternity leave including Siobahn O’Connor, one of the editorial directors at Time Magazine. The piece she wrote, When You’re Pregnant, Everyone is Suddenly an Expert on Your Health resonated with me and so many other women. Unfortunately, it doesn’t end when you have the baby as pregnancy is when the judgement and opinions just begin. I am so intrigued by their cover article this week, The Goddess Myth – How a Vision of Perfect Motherhood Hurts Moms, that I bought the print copy yesterday!
- Always a fan of roasting vegetables, I’m not sure why it took me so long to realize you can also roast green beans! These roasted parmesan green beans have become a regular in our kitchen recently as they are so easy and tasty! I especially love adding a dash of Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning mix!
- In case you missed it, this Easy Baked Pasta recipe has already become one of my top posts in just a day! Clearly we all love cheesy goodness that is ready in minutes!
- I’ve been searching for a few new pair of work pants since these hips are definitely wider than they were before baby. Flattering and forgiving were the two qualities I wanted and these Easy Pants from J.Crew fit the bill perfectly. I snagged them during one of their 30% off promotions a few weeks ago and can tell that these will be perfect for work travel and client meetings alike! I love that they come in petite, regular and tall – perfect regardless your height!
- Thanks to your recommendations, I bought two of the GapFit Breathe tie-back tanks and am loving them! The adjustable back easily accomodates my hips and any pooch I want to hide while the top and neck line are more form fitting and flattering. Thanks to their 40% off sale you can snag this top for just $15 which is a STEAL considering the quality, fit and sweat-wicking material! Has anyone worn their long-sleeve version of this top as I’m thinking it could be great now that the weather is getting cooler?
Your turn – What are you loving this week?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!