Happy Friday! This post is earlier than normal as I woke up at 4:45 and couldn’t go back to sleep. This rarely happens but when it does, if it is after 4 AM, I tend to just wake up. There will be lots and lots of coffee this morning as we are driving up to my family’s place in Vermont this morning. We don’t have any special plans, just spending lots of time on the porch together and hopefully a hike, if the weather allows. Right now the forecast for both Vermont and New York looks warmer than normal these next few days. Am I the only one cheering for Fall and ready to put my Summer clothes away once and for all? I am looking forward to the vibrant colors in Prospect Park and Brooklyn Bridge Park during long walks with Katie, bundling up in sweaters and leggings and hair that isn’t perpetually frizzy from the humidity.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- While we typically have Hello Fresh meals during the week, at least one weekday I cook dinner from scratch. Over the past year I’ve enjoyed integrating more chicken thighs into our life as they have more flavor than chicken breasts. This Five Ingredient Lemony Chicken recipe looks like a perfect weeknight meal especially when served with my favorite garlic roasted green beans and mushrooms as well as roasted new potatoes.
- Making this pumpkin pie smoothie this week immediately got me excited for a season filled with pumpkin in both sweet and savory recipes. What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?
- I’ve worn these jeans four times since they arrived and love the flattering fit, high waist and dark color. I like the fit so much that I ordered a pair in black yesterday.
- Since sharing my running short story on Instastories yesterday, a few people have asked what shorts I’m running in these days. I love the forgiving nature of Brooks 5 inch Chaser Running short. They are a lightweight short with built in moisture-wicking liner, loose fit that prevents chafing and a wide waist band that is comfortable and large enough for keys and a phone. Also, in case you missed my Instagram Story, my shorts fell down while I was racing across the street yesterday since I was running in my maternity size and also weighing them down with a phone, keys and credit card in the pocket! Ooops! Like I said, it was time to buy a smaller pair!
- I ordered a new front door mat to greet our guests when they arrive this season. I put it out on Wednesday, as soon as it was delivered, and the UPS man even commented on it yesterday afternoon! It’s festive and only $13!
- I appreciate when bloggers share their top social media tips, especially as I focus on growing my platforms and engaging with readers better. Luckily, my friend Heather shared all her top tips for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in one convenient post yesterday!
- You’ve probably heard about the importance of kegels, but do you understand why it’s important to strengthen your pelvic floor? Whether you are 20 or 50 years old, this is a key often over-looked area of the body that we women should focus on for our overall health. It’s crazy to think that nearly one in three US women suffer from a pelvic floor disorder!
- Have you all watched the new Netflix Original, Jerry Before Seinfeld? Bo loves Seinfeld and while I’ve never made it through the entire series, I have an appreciation for the witty humor and fun characters. This is on our Netflix list as the combination of Jerry Seinfeld and hearing about his roots and how he started seems like the perfect way to relax on the couch.
- Pinned over 98,000 times on Pinterest, this Healthy Turkey Chili seems like a sure winner for an easy weeknight meal this Fall.
Okay guys, it’s time to finish packing and then head to Vermont! I’ll check in with you guys later on Instagram stories. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!