Happy Friday! Today has been a whirlwind week but it is ending on a wonderful note as today is my 34th birthday! I’m still in disbelief that I’m 34 or that life has changed so much over the course of the year. Bo and I are celebrating together tonight with a date night at Grand Army. A local restaurant that has been on our list for over a year, I’m looking forward to lots of seafood and a fun cocktail, or two. Due to birthday celebrations and catch-ups with friends, this weekend is going to be busier than normal.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- One of my dear childhood friends, Mallory, recently opened an Etsy shop. Her shop, The Family Archivist, includes gorgeous, hand-painted traditional keepsakes including ornaments and silhouettes. We just received the above, beautiful, Lilly Pulitzer inspired silhouette that matches Katie’s nursery. She is offering readers 10% off any orders with the code HAPPYHEALTHY as well as giving away two $50 store credits. To win, please comment on this post sharing what you would purchase with the credit. I love her First Christmas Custom ornaments and think they’d make a great gift for my fellow mom friends! I will choose a winner at 10pm on Sunday. UPDATE – Winners chosen – Liz T and Erin P! Congratulations!
- I bought these sweatpants on Black Friday in gray when they were 60% off and am so in love with them that I ordered a pair in black this week! They are cozy and have quickly become my favorite pair of pants to change into each evening. Unlike most joggers, these run long, so they work with my long legs. The soft material and relaxed fit make them perfect for evening playtime and bath time with Katie.
- I love Gina’s Advent Calendar Workout so much that I not only pinned it for future reference but I also printed it out for inspiration. Most of the items don’t require a gym and can be done anywhere, which make them perfect for anyone!
- Last night’s impromptu wine night with girlfriends reminded me that it’s more important to be present than perfect. My sweet friend Liz organized a mom’s night out to celebrate my birthday but forgot to put me or Bo on the email. Unfortunately, since Bo had a work event and we didn’t have a babysitter organized, I almost cancelled the event. But, then, quickly realized that getting the opportunity to catch up with friends while enjoying a glass of wine could still be enjoyed as long as I hosted it at our place. We laughed for more than two hours while enjoying our festive holiday decorations.
- If you’re still trying to find some great gifts under $25, I loved the ideas Julie shared in her gift guide this week! In case you missed it, here is my under $30 gift guide!
- The Cranberry Bliss Bars at Starbucks have always been a guilty pleasure of mine during the holiday season and this SkinnyTaste recipe makes it look SO easy to recreate a healthier version at home.
- I love the pop of fun these tassel earrings give to any outfit and it seems like others do too as I always get compliments when I wear them!
- I’ve been listening to Christmas music non-stop this week in my home office. My current playlist includes lots of Josh Groban, Mariah Carey, and classics like Bing Crosby. What is your favorite Christmas album?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!